Out November 27, 2018!
Scholars, authors, bloggers and fans come together in a celebration of the works, and worlds, of Georgette Heyer (1902 – 1974).
Featuring contributions from renowned Heyer biographer Jennifer Kloester, heading up a talented team of Heyer devotees, this far-ranging and thought-provoking collection considers topics as diverse as intimacy, privilege, historical accuracy and contemporary analysis, along with looks at Heyer’s influences, and the many writers – and readers – she continues to influence worldwide.
By turns learned, personal, insightful and irreverent, the dozens of essays herein exult in the unparalleled genius of this true nonpareil.
1. Georgette Heyer’s Literary Genius, by Jennifer Kloester
2. A Most Excellent Influence – Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer, by Susannah Fullarton
3. From Arabella to Venetia – Growing Up with Heyer’s Heroines by Rachel Hyland
4. The Heyer Problem – Privilege in Regency Romance, by Cat Sebastian
5. Marks of Distinction – Heyer’s Mark I and Mark II Heroes by Janga
6. Beauvallet: My First Romance Novel Boyfriend, by Donna Cummings
7. Heyer’s Kissing Cousins, by Ruth Williamson
8. What I Owe to Georgette Heyer, by Cheryl Bolen
9. Bath Tangle in the Social Media Age, by Anne-Marie Turenne
10. Fathers in Heyer, by Janet Webb
11. The Grand Sophy: Matchmaker or Master Manipulator? by Jennifer Proffitt
12. Reluctantly Watching ‘The Reluctant Widow’ – Heyer on Film, by Rachel Hyland
13. Splash, Dash and Finesse! – Heyer’s Magical Pen and Indomitable Spirit on Display in The Masqueraders, by Kathleen Baldwin
14. Hearing Heyer – How Audiobooks Breed a New Appreciation by Karen Zachary
15. Learning! with Georgette Heyer, by Clara Shipman
16. The Mystery of Penhallow, by Madeline Paschen
17. Behind Closed Doors – Sex in Georgette Heyer, by Anna Bradley
18. Reading The Great Roxhythe – The Lost Heyer Historical, by Rachel Hyland
19. Beaux, Belles and Black Sheep – Georgette Heyer in Bath, by Kirsten Elliott
20. Coming Back to Heyer – How I Came to Appreciate the Slow Burn, by Megan Osmond
21. The Lost Contemporaries – A Slippery Slope, by Maura Tan
22. Gambling in Heyer, by Rachel Hyland
23. The Apple and the Tree – Georgette Heyer and the Black Dagger Brotherhood, by Kate Nagy
24. Was Georgette Heyer a Snob, and Does it Matter? by Tabetha Waite
25. Heyer’s Heirs – What to Read After Georgette, by Amanda Jones
Plus our contributors weigh in on their favorite Heyer novels, heroes and heroines, along with their firsts and their worsts.
A must for any Heyer fan!
Available from all good booksellers and digital retailers.